KEEP THEM CLEAN AND TARNISH FREE
Firstly, to prevent tarnish keep your metal items dry. Tarnish, will over time dull or even destroy metals, Tarnishing occurs when oxygen in the air comes into contact with moisture on the metal. Creating a moisture barrier. Goddards metal cleaners and polishes will keep them clean and tarnish free.
Protect, preserve and polish all your metal items safely and effectively with these metal care tips from Goddard's:
- Apply the metal cleaner with a soft clean, lint free cloth.
- Use the metal cleaner generously on ornate items, removing any excess with a damp sponge.
- Use a straight, back-and-forth rubbing motion as opposed to a circular motion as this will help to maintain a uniform appearance.
- Avoid the use of abrasive cleaners, or steel wool and scouring pads, which will scratch and dull metal surfaces.
- When washing stainless steel and sterling silver in the dishwasher, keep them seperate as a chemical reaction between them can leave black spots on your silver items.
- Use only diluted dishwashing detergents on metals. Contact with undiluted detergents can damage a metal's finish.